Pages

Sunday 3 September 2017

Thirty Days hath September - Day Three - Incredible Surprise

Well it's been a horrible day in Dorset with regard to the weather, it started raining early this morning and hasn't stopped since. This hasn't put off people visiting the studio for the launch of the 2018 classes which have been steadily booking since we opened at 10.00.

One of the great things about this event was always going to be the surprises that were going to occur along the way and today was probably one of the nicest I have ever experienced. Back at the beginning of the year when I decided to put on Thirty Days, I knew I wanted a charity to benefit but the thought of picking one seemed a daunting task as there are so many worthy causes, how could I possibly decide?

That is when fate threw the wonderful Toni in my path who introduced me to Oakleaf and the work that they do and here we are, looking to raise as much money as we possibly can. Now Toni and I have only ever been penpals, writing, speaking and using social media to get to know each other better, even though social media gets negative press at times, it can be a wonderful tool for conversing with people who you might not ordinarily have met.

Over time Toni and I have chatted and supported each other, but only ever through technology, so imagine my surprise when she decided to turn up at Downend Farm Studio today. This lovely lady who has been such an amazing support to me and my work, has taken time out of her life to make a long trip to see me. I was so thrilled, you can't imagine. We have chatted like old friends, swapped stories and experiences and that is why taking part in this project has given me a thrill as in the end it's not about what you do, it's about who you meet along the way.

In other news, we have been encouraging people to take part in the 'Inch' project today by giving them a small piece of watercolour paper and asking them to leave behind a mini masterpiece. Some have jumped at the chance and others needed more persuading, some liked theirs so much they took them home with them! So Jasmine and I selected just a few to display and here is the piece to represent day three of the challenge:






Don't forget that if you want to bid on any of the works being created, the auction will be on the 30th and you can bid through my website www.alisoncboard-fineart.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment