Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Thirty Days hath September - Day Nineteen - London and the Foo Fighters

Today Beez and I have sneaked off for the day, left Jasmine at home with the birds, the dogs and the studio and headed up to London. You may or may not know that my husband is a very talented musician and so coupled with my theatrical background, music is incredibly important in our house. You will rarely find the house quiet as music is always playing, either live or recorded, especially as Beez's new band Echohead rehearse in the studio every week.

One of our favourite bands is the Foo Fighters and up until now we have always missed seeing them and due to their popularity, tickets are always hard to come by. This time when we heard they were playing the O2, I was pretty determined to get a pair and you never want to get in the way of a determined artist! Then when we realised that is was going to be in the middle of Thirty Days, we started to think about how we could incorporate the trip in to the event.

The first idea was of course to do something music related but that is an approach I often take and therefore not a particular challenge. The idea Beez had however was so far out of my comfort zone, I had no idea where to start. He suggested that we take one of the water boats and enjoy the journey down the Thames, with me sketching as we went, neither of us had ever seen the capital from this view so it was also going to be a first for us both.

Now, this is not what I do. I take the considered approach, thinking through a project and carefully selecting my materials not packing a sketch pad and using a couple of pens to achieve it. How on earth was I going to do this?





Well I have to say that seeing the capital from a different viewpoint has been very inspirational, I have done a few sketches, we've been to the National Maritime Museum (more of that to come) and we are currently sat having dinner together...apart from me blogging, obviously.

I'm quite proud of myself today that I've managed to juggle everything, continue to be inspired by this project and still get to enjoy a day together.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow as dinner has just arrived!

1 comment: