Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Time out for an essay

So, it seems like I haven't done much 'art' in the last week. My proposal for the gardens was sent off, received and I 'm waiting for the results to be published tomorrow (14th). At the moment I am at an interesting crossroads with everything - will I be disappointed if I don't succeed with my proposal? Probably but then I'm a great believer in things happening for a reason so at the moment the plan is to develop the idea further and then see if it would work in another context.
This feeling of limbo isn't helped by the fact that we are in the middle of a unit which requires us to write an essay contextualising our practice. The word counts needs to be 3000 and to be honest I still can't decide if I think 3000 is a lot or a little. I seemed to rattle off the first 2000 without too much of an issue but I am grinding to a halt in editing and summarising. Being the organisational demon that I am, I still have three weeks before it is due in so hopefully the essay fairy will come along soon and bless me with an ending that will impress my tutor!
Well, fingers crossed for tomorrow and I will let you all know where I'm going from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment