Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Are we there yet?

I think I might have finished.
I didn't want to trumpet that piece of information, as invariably it might be that at 3a.m. tomorrow morning I wake up in a cold sweat, remembering a small snippet of information I have forgotten to include. But I really think I am done.
Tomorrow between 12.30 and 13.30, all the BA (Hons) Fine Art Class of 2013 will be handing in their supporting work that (hopefully) backs up their Final Major Project. As my tutor succinctly put it: 'Pencils down, your time is up'. Of course there is still our degree show to tweak ready for the opening at the end of June, there is still a graduation to attend (even more hopefully) after results day, but these are things to enjoy and revel in and believe me, we will revel, but there can be no more work. It all comes down to handing over a box that at the moment contains a variety of folders, portfolios and every conceivable piece of documentary evidence.


I have spent the last year ricocheting between loving my work, hating my work and wanting it just to all be over but now, it seems a little sad and the end of a chapter. And of course it is, I have spent the last four years building up to this point and the new injection to my career starts here, but I will strangely miss it. I will especially miss all my class-mates who are the most eclectic, talented, funny bunch of lunatics I have ever met in my whole life and it will leave a huge hole not seeing them as often as I have, but I'm sure we will all bump into each other often and I wish them every luck both for tomorrow and our results day on June 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment